1. No, my injection kit still hasn’t arrived. Yes, I have been keeping a low profile and am yet to alert anyone to the fact that it hasn’t arrived. Yes I promise I will phone my MS nurse and tell her that it hasn’t arrived. No I haven’t told the hospital that I have emigrated.
2. Neil’s London Marathon training seems to be going quite well. I went for a run with him last week to check up on his progress. His technique seems good, one leg in front of the other. We only did a short run as I didn’t want to show him up. He racked up over 80 miles in January and did 17 miles on Saturday. I understand that this Saturday he will be doing 20 miles. Obviously I would join him but sadly I have prior commitments …. I am however available for Friday-night-carb-loading and this may be better suited to my talents. I can eat more pasta than anyone else in the whole world.
3. Neil’s fundraising is also going well from sponsorship and cake sales. A big thank you to Barbara, Philippa’s cake teacher, who gave us a lovely Teddy Bear’s Picnic Cake earlier this week. A big thank you to everyone who bought raffle tickets to win said cake – we raised £55! And finally a big thank you to Barrie who won said cake for sharing it round the office … it was yummy.
4. I have taken delivery of two books from Amazon which have come recommended;
‘Awkward Bitch, My life with MS’ by Marlo Donato Parmelee
and ‘Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis – An evidence based guide to recovery’ by Professor George Jelinek.
I will let you know how I get on with them.
5. On Wednesday evening I will be meeting a group of others with MS for a drink. I’m looking forward to this but am apprehensive at the same time … again I will let you know how it goes.
6. Next Monday I am seeing an Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapist from the Neuro-Outreach Team. Not sure what to expect ….
So it’s all go go go … how did I fill my time before I had MS eh?!